Gustav III s Collection including his own and other famous architects drawings, accompanied Gustav IV Adolf during his exile in 1809. The collection was returned to Sweden via a purchase in 1925 by the brothers Helge and Axel Ax:son Johnson and was inherited by Axel s daughter Marie-Claire. It is today stored at Engelsberg s Ironworks and is owned by the Marie-Claire Cronstedt Foundation. The drawings were made by Sweden s leading architects during the 17th- and 18th centuries and include, among others, the castles and gardens at Drottningholm, Ekolsund, Haga, Gripsholm, Karlberg, Ulriksdal, Svartsjö, Stockholm and Uppsala. Even Gustav III s own sketches are attributed. This book serves as a compendium to Gustav III His Own Architect where the drawings are reproduced in 1:1 format over three volumes.