Using Measurements and Testing to support FE-analyses
Kategorier: Instrument och instrumenteringsteknik Mätteknik och kalibrering Teknik Teknik, ingenjörsvetenskap etc.
This handbook is written to help these different professionals to better understand each other and to show ways how to use each other´s skills and knowledge, methods, and equipment in the most effective way. The payback in lighter, more durable and at the same time more cost-efficient structures is huge.
One main subject in this handbook is how to translate measured data into usable input for theoretical analyses, and how to find suitable measurement positions.
Another main subject is how to perform verifying rig tests, based on measurements and theoretical analyses.
Several methods for analyzing, measuring, and testing steel structures subjected to fatigue are presented and discussed.
Since the risk for errors and misinterpretations is great when assessing fatigue strength, several ways of conducting check-ups are suggested.
The handbook also includes a comprehensive generic example, showing the benefits of using the combination of theoretical analyses, measurements and testing when assessing the fatigue strength of welded structures.
Primarily, this handbook is written to be used within the industry, but it is also suitable as literature at universities or for further education.
Table of content:
1. Fatigue strength of welded structures.
2. Assessment methods.
3. Measuring equipment.
4. Analyzing measured data.
5. Planning and conducting measurements.
6. Using measured data to determine loads for theoretical analyses.
7. Using theoretical methods to determine structural loads.
8. Fatigue testing of welded joints.
9. Rig tests of components and entire structures.
10. Generic example - Theoretical analysis.
11. Generic example - Measuring.
12. Generic example - Testing.
13. Generic example - Summary and results.
Claes Olsson has a life-long experience regarding technical analyses and fatigue assessments.
Today he is responsible for TechStrat of Sweden AB, a company offering strategic technical advices and giving lectures to the industry.