Stupidity is all around us, from the coworker who won't stop hitting "reply all" to the former high school classmate posting conspiracy theories on Facebook. But in order to vanquish it, we must first understand it. In The Psychology of Stupidity, some of the world's leading psychologists and thinkers--including a Nobel Prize winner and bestselling authors--will show you...
- why smart people sometimes believe in utter nonsense;
- how our lazy brains cause us to make the wrong decisions;
- why trying to debate fools is a trap;
- how media manipulation and Internet overstimulation make us dumber;
- why the stupidest people don't think they're stupid.
The wisdom and wit of these experts are a balm for our aggrieved souls and a beacon of hope in a world of morons.