Do you know the basics of general relativity?
Do you want to know something of what more there is?
Do you wonder how the theory of relativity came into being?
Then this book is for you!
- Black holes and gravitational collapse
- Cosmological solutions of Einstein's field equations
- Gravitational waves
- Space-time singularities
- The problem of motion for massive particles
- A collection of exact solutions of Einstein's field equations
- A history of Einstein's creation of the theory of relativity in the years 1905-1915
- A short course for repetition of the basics of general relativity
- Bibliography, references, and index
The book, although not very advanced, covers a number of topics not often seen in text books. The selection, of course, refelects my own interests. The different chapters may to a large extent, though not completely, be read in any desired order.
The author has a PhD in theoretical physics and is lecturer of mathematics. He has for many years taught physics and mathematics at senior high school as well as university level.